Year End Performance 2018
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Show #1 or #2: 1:30 PM or 4:00 PM
Logan High School Auditorium
Thank you for being a part of our ballet school program. We hope that it is an exciting and positive experience for everyone involved! In an effort to eliminate confusion and last minute questions, please read all information carefully. If you have more than one student please read each letter carefully because information is specific to each student.
- Label. Mark all clothing, ballet slippers, tights, dance bags, etc. with your dancer’s name and phone number. Cache Valley School of Ballet and Logan High School are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Drop Off. The students will be checked in at main doors to the auditorium for rehearsal and performance at the auditorium. This door is located on the NORTH side of the building, just inside the main entrance. We will have signs posted. PLEASE BE ON TIME. Punctuality is a must! Please allow extra time for travel and arrive a little early to the auditorium.
- Rehearsal/Performance Schedule. We ask that you stay the entire performance. It is very distracting to the dancers (and a bit rude) to have people come and go throughout the performance. It is also inspiring for the younger dancers to watch the others perform. If you must leave early, please inform your dancer’s parent helper or instructor so arrangements can be made. Please see the below schedule for your dancer’s schedule for the day of the performance.
- Theater Policy. Please go over the attached theater policy information with your dancer so they know what behavior is expected of them. Specifically address those areas in bold. NO FOOD OR DRINKS ARE ALLOWED IN THE THEATER. Water is the only thing that is acceptable. Please make sure your dancer has had something to eat before the performance.
- Tickets and DVDs. Students who are performing and Parent Helpers will not need a ticket for the performance. Tickets for all others will be sold online beginning April 1, 2018 for $5 each at:
- DVD Orders are available online
- Tickets for Show #1 can be acquired here
- Tickets for Show #2 can be acquired here
- If you have a student(s) performing in both show you will need to purchase tickets to Show #1 and then order tickets for Show #2 titled "Tickets for families with students in both Show #1 and Show #2". Ordering the same number (or less) as purchased for Show #1.
- Male Dancers—should wear a white shirt, black pants, black ballet shoes, and black socks, and hair should be neatly combed away from the face. For Jazz, Modern, Tap, and Teen/Adult classes attire information will be given by the instructor of the class.
- Female Dancers—should wear their black leotard (NO PANTIES), pink tights, pink ballet shoes and a black dance skirt (if you have one) appropriate for their class. The School of Ballet does have skirts that can be borrowed for the performance. Please let your dancer’s instructor know if one is needed. Hair must be pulled back in a neat bun with no bangs. Buns should be just below the crown of the head in back. Use lots of hair gel and hair spray to slick back bangs. A hair net over the bun helps keep the fly-away hairs in place. A hair bow will be given to each dancer, so please no extra hair “things” in their hair. Ballet shoes must have elastics. Ballet dancer DO NOT wear bows on their shoes. Please knot the strings, trim halfway and tuck them inside the shoe. No makeup is required for this performance. For Jazz, Modern, Tap, and Teen/Adult classes attire information will be given by the instructor of the class.
- Parent Helpers. These are adults whose job it is to ensure a non-stressful environment for your dancer before and during the performance. They are not babysitters. Please pick up your child promptly. Please keep in mind that these parent helpers are volunteers assigned to help keep your dancer safe, happy, and secure. Please respect them. We encourage you to volunteer. There is a signup sheet posted on the bulletin board outside the Ballet Office at the Whittier Community Center. Parent helpers do not need a ticket for the performance. You will be given a credential to get you into the theater for helping backstage during the rehearsal and performance. This is a great opportunity to see your dancer and the School of Ballet dancers backstage!
- Restricted Area. Logan High School has specific areas we are allowed to use and others we are not. Many productions and crews use the school as well as School of Ballet. We are guests in the auditorium and must be respectful of the building and all property in it. Parents are not allowed backstage, in dressing rooms, or in the auditorium during the rehearsal and performance time (unless they are parent helpers with the appropriate credentials—which are given the day of the show). Other siblings and friends are also not allowed backstage, in dressing rooms, or in the auditorium. No running in the theater anywhere and talking should be kept to a minimum when in all common areas.
GENERAL REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
Saturday, May 12, 2017
- Pick up students at the main entrance to the auditorium 45 minutes after their rehearsal time
8:45 AM TOD2, TOD4, 1A
9:15 AM 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B
9:45 AM 2D, 3B/3C, 3D, 4C, 4D, 5CD
10:15 AM 6AB1, 6CD1, 7AB1, 7CD1, 9AB, TAIA
10:45 AM TOD1, TOD3, 1D
11:15 AM 1E, 1F, 2C, 2E
11:45 AM 3A, 3E, 4A, 4B, 6AB2
12:15 PM 6CD2, 7AB2, 7CD2, 8AB, 10AB, TAB
12:45 PM Modern, AT
1:30 PM PERFORMANCE
- Check in at 12:30pm
AT, TOD2, TOD4, Modern, 1D, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2D, 3B/3C, 3D, TAIA, 4C, 4D, 5CD, 6AB1, 6CD1, 7AB1, 7CD1, 9AB
4:00 PM PERFORMANCE
- Check in at 3:00pm
AT, TOD1, TOD3, Modern, 1D, 1E, 1F, TAB, 2C, 2E, 3A, 3E, 4A, 4B, 5AB, 6AB2, 6CD2, 7AB2, 7CD2, 8AB, 10AB