The CVSB's school year is divided into two semesters. Fall semester will be 15 weeks--Spring 16 weeks. Classes are held at:
The Whittier Community Center
290 North 400 East
The CVSB offers several levels and types of classes:
Technique Classes are designed to promote the study of Ballet as a fine art. Students will learn the basics of classical ballet.
Teen & Adults is a class for teens and adults to learn and participate in ballet. Ballet helps to teach proper placement and posture of the body, while also strengthening and toning different muscles groups.
Pilates Classes are taught through Cache Pilates Studio. Instruction is offered for beggining and Intermediate/Advanced students by instructors certified in the Stott Pilates method.
Private lessons are available through CVSB. Arrangements can be made with the instructor of choice.
- Punctuality is essential. If a student is more than 10 minutes late he/she will be asked to observe the class rather than dance
- Gum chewing is not permitted.
- The instructor should be notified if a student must leave early
- Students are advised to wait for their ride inside the building, and to wear clothing over leotard and tights when coming to or leaving class
- Parents and non-enrolled students are not permitted in classrooms during instruction time except for parent observation classes
- Levels 1-7 are to wear black leotards, pink tights, pink shoes
- Levels 8-11 must dress neatly for class
- Hair (securely fastened) must be pulled neatly way from face and off the shoulders
- Loose fitting clothing and dangling jewelry are not appropriate
- Parents are responsible for children before and after class
- A student may attend a make-up class due to illness or scheduled holidays on the same level or one level lower. It is recommended that the instructor be notified when this will occur.
- A $5 late fee will be assessed on accounts past due
- Limited scholarships are available
- No refunds are given after the second week of the semester or for absences, with the exception of prolonged illness or moving from the area
- If Logan City Schools are canceled due to had weather, we will be closed also.